BS in Nursing: Transfer Students*
If you are transferring from another academic unit within Rutgers and are looking to pursue a career in nursing, the BS in Nursing for Transfer Students will meet your needs.
- The quality and value of a Rutgers College of Nursing education.
- Direct admission into the College of Nursing.
- The College of Nursing is well respected in health care and academic communities throughout the nation.
- Undergraduate program offerings on the Newark and New Brunswick campuses.
- Excellent preparation for an advanced degree.
- Outstanding Educational Opportunity Fund Program
(APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE FEB 1, 2012 FOR CURRENT RUTGERS STUDENTS SEEKING ADMISSION INTO THE COLLEGE OF NURSING)
Currently enrolled Rutgers undergraduate students working toward a degree who wish to apply for admission to the College of Nursing should submit an online school-to-school transfer application available at the School-to-School transfer website: https://www.ugadmissions.rutgers.edu/SchoolToSchool/.
School-to-School transfer applications for the College of Nursing may be submitted online from February 1 to June 1 for the fall semester. The College of Nursing does not accept school-to-school transfer applications for the spring semester.
Criteria for Admission
- College-to-college transfer applicants are required to have completed 24 credits at Rutgers before transferring to another Rutgers academic unit.
- Grade point average of 3.3 or higher (Students are selected on a competitive basis therefore the GPA required for an actual offer of admission may be higher depending on the applicant pool).
The curriculum for the nursing program on the Newark and New Brunswick campus is identical however course names and numbers may differ.
|Expository Writing I or English Composition I|
|Research in the Disciplines or English Composition II|
|Intro to Sociology|
|Anatomy & Physiology I|
|Anatomy & Phsyiology II
|Trends in Health Care Delivery|
|Life Span: A Holistic Approach (Dev Psych)|
|Human Interactive Processes
|Cultural Dimensions of Humans
|Nursing Care Provider I
|Nursing Care Provider II
|The Childbearing Family
|Health & Illness of Children & Adolescents
|Health & Illness of Adults
|Research Process in Nursing
|Health Assessment Across the Life Span
|Psych Mental Health Nursing
|Health & Illness of Older Adults|
|Community Health Nursing
|Leadership & Management in Nursing
*Transfer to Nursing
(WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING TRANSFER STUDENTS FROM OTHER [NON-RUTGERS] SCHOOLS INTO THIS PROGRAM.)