BS in Nursing: Overview
Succeeding in the demanding and rewarding field of nursing requires first-rate education. Rutgers encourages intellectual inquiry and rewards hard work. As nurse researchers and practitioners, Rutgers' professors bring depth and quality to the classroom, laboratory, and clinical environment. The guidance our students receive will prepare them for a lifetime of professional achievement. Rutgers prepares nursing's best.
The BS in Nursing Program Offers:
- The quality and value of a Rutgers University education.
- Direct admission to the College of Nursing.
- Strong affiliations with acute care teaching hospitals, long term care facilities, and community/home health agencies. The College of Nursing is well respected in health care and academic communities in New Jersey and throughout the nation.
- Undergraduate program offerings in both Newark and New Brunswick campuses.
- Excellent preparation for an advanced degree.
- Outstanding Educational Opportunity Fund Program.
The curriculum focuses on health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention, illness, and disease management and includes information about healthcare technologies using evidence based practice. The liberal arts education core provides a strong foundation for developing clinical judgment and clinical reasoning skills required in professional nursing.